Every year we go on a camping trip with My Dad and The Shupe’s. We’ve been camping since I was a small child and we always go to Kennedy Meadows. I have such fond memories of these trips. It’s the one week of the year where we get to spend time as a family without the everyday distractions. We eat great food, play some card games, do a little fishing and hiking and almost everyday we get to take an afternoon nap. Thomas went on his first camping trip when he was six months old and Noelle went on her first camping trip when she was two months old. We missed last year because Kelly and I decided to play “while you were out” at my dad’s house. But we were determined not to miss this year.
It’s great to have Thomas and Noelle get to experience the same things that Troy, Kelly and I did as children and watch them form their own memories. My Dad took Thomas on a horseback ride when he was two. We called the horse “Bob” and he remembers it like it was yesterday. During the year out of nowhere he will ask about Bob or will ask to go and see Bob. I’m looking forward to next year when Tyler will be able to join us in the adventure. Troy and Julie usually get to meet us there but this year it just didn’t work out for them. Next year will be a blast with all the kids.
This year we had to cut the trip a day short because Thomas wasn’t feeling well and he had a tough week but we all still managed to have a good time while we were there.
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox scrapbook |

No comments:
Post a Comment