Since yesterday went so well, I decided to take the kids to the Jelly Belly factory in Fairfield. That morning I made my list and schedule. We started the day off again taking Thomas to swimming lessons.
On our way home from swimming lessons I received a text from Kelly saying that there was a possibility that Karly would be coming home today!! What?!?! We had expected that she would be there for at least 3 days and then would go back to St. Joseph’s for several more weeks. My heart stopped for a moment and thought I needed to get home and clean and vacuum the house, get some balloons, get a cake and have a little party planned for Karly’s arrival. But I had already promised Thomas and Noelle we would go to the Jelly Belly factory. I couldn’t cancel on them for baby Karly. That definitely would not have been good.
So, we came home packed the car for our little road trip and ate some lunch and off we went to the Jelly Belly factory. I was careful not to mention to the kids that Karly might be coming home because I didn’t want any disappointment if things didn’t go as planned but I wanted to scream with joy!!!
The kids were great in the car and I even got them to sign some songs with me on the way! As soon as we arrived we got in line for the factory tour. We had to wait for about 45 minutes and they were great.
The kids really enjoyed the tour and seeing how the jelly beans were made. I was surprised at how well they were listening and what they remembered from they were told. After the tour we picked out some jelly beans to take home and got back on the road.
While we were in line paying for the jelly beans Kelly sent another text saying that they were just waiting for some paperwork and they would be on their way home with Karly.
I couldn’t believe it and when I told the kids they couldn’t believe it either. Both of them fell asleep in the car which was nice to get some quiet time. Once we arrived home the kids helped clean up all the toys and the rest of the house, just in time for Kelly, Dave and Karly to walk in the door!!
Karly couldn’t believe she was home either!!! It was another fantastic day.
1 comment:
Congrats on Karly coming home!! And congrats on getting thru two days on your own with the kids. You are a wonderful Aunt!!
Post a Comment