Saturday, February 7, 2009

Indy made it home with only...

After Indy's long journey she managed to make it home with only a dislocated kneecap and infected paws.  The vet was able to pop her knee into place and took all of the dead skin off her paws where it was tearing.  He gave her a shot for the pain and an antibiotic one so I didn't have to give her pills twice a day for 10 days.  I have to put neosporin on her paws for 10 days and keep socks on them.  She can't go outside and can't walk on anything but carpet.  This should be a lot of fun.  I don't know how I'm going to keep the socks on her and how I will keep her from walking on only carpet but maybe the doggie Vicodin he gave me will help!!! 

Regardless, I am just happy to have her home resting!!  She has had a nice warm bath, a good meal and way to many treats and now she is snoring on the couch.  It's great to have her back!!!!

100_7560

100_7569

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MICHELE!!!! I knew she'd make it home. You'll have to tell me all the details. I haven't called you because the morning after I talked to you, I woke up with the flu/cold. It was horrible! Sore throat, headache, nastiness! I didn't get out of bed until today!!! Those socks must be a pain in the butt, but they sure look cute on Indy!!!!