Saturday, November 14, 2009

All the summer projects are DONE!

Back in April I decided to do a few home improvement projects. 

1. Order and install blinds for all the bedrooms. That was a success. Back in May I ordered the blinds and Kelly and I installed them in one afternoon.

2.  Decorate Thomas’ bedroom.  That also was a success.  I picked a baseball theme for him and finished it in two phases. He loves his new room and best of all I never have to fight with him to sleep in his own bed.

3.  Decorate Noelle’s bedroom.  This was my challenge.  I really couldn’t figure out kind of theme I wanted to do.  A lot of things and colors popped in to mind but nothing that I thought she wouldn’t end up growing out of to quickly.  Finally after a long debate with Kelly, I chose cherries.  I found some cute fabric at JoAnn’s and made pillows, a bed skirt, and a valance. I panted the walls white and had a plan of stenciling cherries on the walls but I couldn’t find one that I liked.  By the time I decided on something it was getting close to Kelly’s wedding and then my Mom’s wedding and I just couldn’t find time to do it. Finally last weekend my Mom came over and helped me paint the cherries.  We didn’t find a stencil so we painted them freehand.  I think they turned out pretty cute.  Last night I hung the shelves and did the final touches. 

I’m so glad that all of the projects are done and I’m pretty happy with how everything came out.  

IMG_2825 

IMG_2823

IMG_2828

IMG_2821

IMG_2827

IMG_2826

3 comments:

The Brigham family said...

Cute Michelle! Do you want to come over here and help us with the playroom LOL. I seriously have no creativeness in me at all and the walls are totally bare and boring. You did a really good job :)

BandB Eyes said...

You did a really good job on Noelle's bedroom! How cute!!! You are really talented!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the cherries!! You and your mom did an awesome job! Good for you!