
I really hate moving! I always think I'm ready but it never fails that there is a least to car loads of stuff that still needs to get done. It's the small things that you just throw in a garbage bag at the last minute that really stinks. For two weeks I have had garbage bags and boxes in the garage that I have tried to forget about but every time I pull the car into the garage I'm faced with them. Earlier this week I made a long list of all the things I needed to get done before I was going to really feel "at home". This included cleaning the garage, organizing the office, finding somewhere to put all my cookbooks, go grocery shopping, mowing the lawns, washing the windows and putting all my clothes in the closet.
Kelly just happened to have the weekend off which meant I wasn't going to be watching the kids. I had the whole weekend to myself and thought it would be the best time to try and get my list accomplished. I don't know how smart of an idea this was because the air quality is really really bad. For those of you that don't live in California, we have had numerous fires this week. I think at last count I think they said there was 1000 fires in Northern California. Smoke is everywhere and there have been all kinds of warnings that we should be staying inside. But the work has to get done right?? So, Friday after work I started with the garage. After three hours the garage was finally clean. All of the boxes were emptied and the garbage bags were thrown away. Next problem... everything that needed to be put away from the garage was in the living room. That was Saturday's project.
After the garage got cleaned out I tried relax and find something on TV but couldn't find anything. So, on with the next project. The office was next. That was a tedious job but I couldn't stand going in there to play around on the computer or pay my bills (which I couldn't put off any longer). I found a perfect place for the cookbooks so that was another thing to check off the list. So, after a couple of hours it was done.
Saturday morning the work started again. My car got really dirty from the move and I hadn't washed it in awhile so I thought I should get that done. I spend so much time in my car for work that having a dirty one does not make the ride enjoyable.
I needed to mow the lawns but there was one problem. I didn't own a lawn mower. So after jumping on CraigsList and making a phone call I was on my way to purchase my first lawn mower. I think I got a pretty good deal. $150.00 for a self propelled Craftsman mower.
By that time though it was already blazing hot so I decided that would have to wait until Sunday morning. So, off to the grocery store I went. I hate to go grocery shopping, mainly because I never know what to buy. Cooking for yourself gets pretty boring. I think I eat more cereal for dinner than anything else. I thought I would venture out today. I bought everything to make Bow Tie pasta with Alfredo sauce and grilled chicken. The rest of Saturday was pretty boring. I put everything away that was brought in from the garage, put the groceries away, made dinner and found sometime to watch a lame movie (Definitely Maybe). But hay at least I found some time to relax.
Another day brings another chore. This morning I thought I would start with the mowing the lawns and sweeping up the leaves. Now this was going to be one of the biggest chores. In the backyard there are two large trees that make the biggest mess.
So leaves end up everywhere!!! The lawns got mowed,the bushes got trimmed, the leaves got raked and the sidewalks got swept.
I was pretty tired after all that so I decided the chores were done for the weekend. I am going to relax the rest of what is left of the weekend. Indy got her second wind while I was putting all of the lawn equipment away so I took a short video of her playing with a ball that is twice her size.
1 comment:
Wow, you got as lot of work done! It makes me tired just reading about it!
Post a Comment